The new adventure shop of the museum, Base Camp, has officially opened. Our opening weekend was a great success. Read more about the store in this Rocky Mountain News story.
The store hours will be Tuesday-Thursday, 3-7 and Friday & Saturday 12-5, until the museum officially opens to the public on February 16, 2008, when its hours will be revised.
Please stop by and check it out. The store, located within the American Mountaineering Center, features exciting items from the museum and the world of mountaineering that can be found few other places in the country. Featuring official products from the partnering organizations of The Colorado Mountain Club, American Alpine Club, and National Geographic Society, including:
- National Geographic Society items, including topographic maps
- Photography prints from the museum exhibit
- CMC Press books
- Gift items such as calenders, note cards, and jewelry
- Unique holiday items including stocking stuffers
- Mountain art
- Books from culture to Colorado, from mountaineering to the world's mountains